Picture it. You and your significant other are walking along the Champ de Mars with the Eiffel Tower in view. Hand in hand, you walk closer to the monument. Smiling, as you both finish your second gelato of the day. Once you get closer, you start to notice them acting a bit funny. They are anxious looking as they reach for your other hand and face you. As they start to tell you about why they love you so much, you realize that the moment you have been waiting for has finally arrived, and… they get down on one knee and ask you to marry them! Congratulations! You are engaged! Next step? Photos to celebrate your engagement. Here are some tips on engagement photos!
Monterey Engagement Photographer
Hey, everyone! My name is Dana Arnold and I am a wedding and engagement photographer based out of Monterey, California. For almost four years now, I have photographed hundreds of engagement sessions for couples all over the country. I love getting to meet up with newly engaged couples and photograph their love for each other! With engagement photography being year round, I wanted to share with you all my favorite tips on Engagement Photos!
Tips on Engagement Photos
- First things first is finding the right photographer. This is important! It’s not only about their editing style, but how they make you feel. This will make all the different in how they turn out!
- If you are nervous, it’s totally normal! Most people never got professional photo’s done before. So, it’s best to again, find a photographer that makes you feel at ease, and to take a breath! You got this!
- Find an outfit that makes you feel beautiful! You want to be comfortable and having an outfit that is based on that will make you not worry about the outfit, and allow you to have fun! Reach out to your photographer for a style guide if you need help.
- Plan to have a fun dinner after it’s all done! Most of the time, people do not dress up. So, use a nice dinner after as a way to happily and properly end your evening after the engagement session. Make it a date if you want too and go out for ice cream as well!
- When you are at the engagement session, do not try so hard. It’s a good idea to simply take a breath after every pose, stretch and relax your muscles (or you will look stiff), and remember to have fun!
- Last, but not least, listen to your photographer! They know what they are doing and if you found the right one, the whole process will be a breeze and even can be fun for the guys (or girls) who hate photos!
If you want some inspiration, here are some of my favorite engagement photos!
And…a wonderful blog that shows much more photos from the same engagement session.