| Lauren and Dylan |
Let’s go back to February 29th, two beautiful people said I do at their Hampton Roads Wedding Venue, The Historic Post Office. I have been looking forward to this wedding since my 2019 season ended. Lauren and Dylan are two wonderful people who care about their friends and family as well as others (this is why they are doctors).
Flash back to their engagement session, I remember how awkward it was for them! You would have never guessed because even though I prompt the poses, their love was real and showed right through the camera. Dylan snuggled in so hard and just had the biggest smile with heavy cheeks and it was pure magic.
Congratulations Lauren and Dylan!
Showing up about 35 minutes early, I walked in to an already done venue. The chairs and decor were set up, and the bridal party were already done!! As in, hair and makeup had come and gone. Now that is a great HMU team!! The girls were just chilling in the bridal suite, eating snacks and talking away.
This type of situation made it better for both my second shooter Sarah, and I. There was down time to get extras, and that itself just means the gallery will have more photos then promised 😉
This Historic Post Office Wedding was truly the best way to start my 2020 season!
Here are some of my favorite moments!
- The pastor KILLING IT at the ceremony. When he got the crowd involved and laughing, it makes the ceremony much more personal and fun!
- How truly sweet the bridal party was. I am someone that is full of energy and sometimes words come out of my mouth that shouldn’t (if you were there, you know…) but these girls laughed at my jokes and were truly wonderful to talk too and photograph!
- The rap that the sisters of Lauren did during their reception speech. Like, it needs to go viral. It was definitely FERGALICIOUS!
- The groomsman during the reception showed their true colors and a few of them had moves that had me laughing! I loved their personalities once they opened up to Sarah and I!
- Lauren and Dylan’s First Look! They added this because it aloud us to take our time, get some gorgeous photos, and even have some fun by getting me involved. Who do you think twirled her best, me or Dylan? You can see those photos in the gallery below and decide for yourself 😉
- Lastly, the reception!! THIS IS WHY YOU NEED A GOOD DJ! Thanks to the ever so amazing DJ West. So many guest came up to me and asked me all about this guy, saying he was the best they have seen. Give yourself a favor and check him out here at this wedding… his BTS videos are legit!
Hampton Roads Wedding Venue
Lauren and Dylan… THANK YOU for investing in me, trusting in me, and inviting me to be there as your wedding photographer. You could have chose anyone, but you picked me. I love you both, not just because you hired me, but because you two have a relatable soul. You both are fun to be around, and you guys made me smile and cry all day! You are the reason why this job is fun, not stressful! Many blessings to you both <3
Photographer: Dana Arnold Photography
Second Photographer: Sarah Eleanor Photography
Venue: The Historic Post Office
Dress: Blush Bridals, PA
Florist: Gather Floral
HMU: Style By Design
Catering: Goodrich Gourmet, Virginia Beach