They say it’s good luck if it rains on your wedding day. Except, wouldn’t it be so annoying if it rained all day and your hair would get wet and you had to move your ceremony inside? Ugh. I know. I got annoyed just by typing that sentence. It stinks, I know. But lucky for you, there are ways to make any wedding day disaster like this, better! Things happen, but what you do with it will make or break your day!
- If it does rain on your wedding day, bring a clear umbrella! This way, you have something to cover you when you are walking to and from parts of your wedding. AND… you can use this for portraits so you can still take photos outside! You can find them here at Target for just $19.00
- This being said, keep an eye on the weather the week of your wedding and if it’s calling for rain with a 60% chance or more, I would make the call the day before to move the ceremony inside or under the tent. If you wait the day of, there would be extra stress and work for everyone, which may even cause a delay.
- Family drama is always the worst. I have had my fair share myself, but there are a few ways to prevent it! When you create your wedding website, type up something extra and mention that family drama is to be avoided, and don’t be afraid to threaten to send them home. Trust me, you do not need that stress, it will take away from the happy day. You can even talk to your friends and family, and but them on Facebook and request that everyone put their differences aside and get along. It’s your wedding day and if they are causing drama and stress at your wedding, do they really care how you feel on that day?
- Weddings can also be stressful and take up a lot of your time. People will text you and try to call you to fix something or ask for directions. So to avoid your phone blowing up, assign someone as the person of contact. Such as your maid of honor or a trusted family member. Then, turn your phone off for the day so you can live in the moment and not be bothered!
- Lastly, simply prepare for the worse and hope for the best. Sometimes, light bulbs go out, there are technical issues, and delays do happen because of getting behind or an accident is nearby. Those are things that you cannot control, it just happens. So, keep an open mind and take a breath. It won’t be the end of the world and remember, all that matters is that you are marrying the love of your life, and that’s all that any bride can ask for on their wedding day!