“I don’t deserve this, darling you look perfect tonight”
As the friends and family sit in chairs, enjoying the wedding ceremony in front of them, waving paper fans to stay cool, Susie is singing to her now-husband, Jordan. Her voice is soothing and warm and gave everyone goosebumps. She continues to sing the whole song, putting everyone in “awe”, as Jordan grabs her hands and smiles sweetly. A few moments later, Susie’s dad (the man marrying these two), starts to talk and tears up when he mentions how much Susie will be his little girl and how grateful he is to have a son like Jordan. Vows are exchanged. Rings are placed on fingers and by the grace of God, and permission of her father, Jordan was asked to kiss his forever bride. At this moment, cheers were places, bubbles were blown, and time stood still. The world has gained another beautiful, warming, heartful married couple and like the lion king song, love was in the air!
This was the hottest wedding to date. Literally. With temperatures at least 105, and blaring sun, the only way to stay cool was to drink all the fluids and using ice rags. I loved that even though it was hot, friends and family of the bride and groom were more than happy, loving, and joyful to be attending this beautiful wedding! Each individual I met were so kind, welcoming and always ready to be social! Which as a social bug myself, is great! Susie’s family treated me like my own, checking in on me, laughing, and talking about life in general. Their smiles were contagious and what was most impressive, was that family and friends were the ones that helped with the decor, the cake, the flowers, and the hair and makeup and ya’ll… IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL!
I am so excited to be sharing with you some of my favorite highlights from this wedding, and some sneak peeks of the moments and details captured 😉
- The girls had ChikFilA brought to them while getting ready and sweet tea was offered. The getting ready room smelled more of chicken nuggets than it did hair products and I am okay with that!! haha!
- Jordan saying “WOW” to Susie during the first look. Like…. it brought tears to my eyes just a bit since that is exactly what my husband said when he first saw me at our wedding!
- Susie singing to Jordan at the beginning of the ceremony. She truly has the voice of an angel!
- Susie and Jordan’s Dad had their own “first dance” and all I am saying is that I am excited that kind of thing finally happened for me to see… and shoot! Just check out that fun photo below 😉
- BBQ for dinner. Enough said.
- Jordan getting the garter stuck on the chandelier during the toss. See one of the photos below to see if you can find it 😉
Main Photographer: Dana Arnold Photography
Second Shooter: Sarah Eleanor Photography
Venue: Clay Hill Garden and Events
Dress: David’s Bridal
Florals/HMU/Cake and Decor: Friends and family of the bride <3